Official Duties and General Responsibilities of Officers
- Set agendas and preside during conference call meetings
- Provide leadership and help to other officers re: tasks
- Perform tasks that are not covered by other officers
- Arrange for plaque for Honorary Life Members
- Communicate with Choral Journal re: advertising
- Open and close conferences
- Organize committees for confernece application review
- Plan social event at the conference
- Field questions regarding the conference from web-mail
- Serve as communicator with the National Board Representatives
- Assist the other officers as necessary
- Announcements at the conference
- Monitor the membership of the national board from each state; update and replace as needed
- Write to the national board membership at least annually regarding their recruitment efforts in their respective states
- Prepare the program book for the national conference that ends their “elect” status and begins their term as president
- Travel to the site of the national conference in preparation for the meeting
- Alert the national board of the expected board meeting with accompanying reports that are due at the national conference
- Conduct the screening process for performing ensembles at the national conference for which they prepare the program book
- Email to the membership the fees and print requirements for advertising in the program book
- Email and snail mail notices to perspective advertisers concerning the fees and print requirements regarding advertisements in the program book (list to be compiled and maintained by the webmaster)
- Process membership checks and deposits.
- Send Receipts for membership.
- Maintain up-to-date spreadsheet of account.
- Write checks for incidental expenses (website, ACDA advertising, CMS mailings, etc. . .).
- Prepare documents for Internal Revenue Service to maintain 501 (c) 3 tax-exempt status.
Conference Specific Duties
- Organize committee to select presenters.
- Arrange hotels and transportation.
- Coordinate exhibits, including:
- Announce exhibits
- Securing company to handle exhibit area.
- Exhibit area breakfast
- Placement of exhibitors.
- Coordinate literature, including:
- Contact potential music suppliers to help with securing print cost copies.
- Order all music.
- Arrange reading packets where possible.
- Maintain current database of membership
- Send out emails to membership as needed
- Report and document all meetings of officers and at board meetings
- Post notices to the webpage through the webmaster
- Create and maintain application forms for conferences
- Keep record of email correspondence among officers et al.
- Create and keep copies of minutes of all meetings
- Work closely with treasurer concerning payment of dues
- Send email reminders to membership about dues and expirations
- Help officers with needed forms, correspondence, email addresses, etc.
- Read through past minutes to make sure that action items were accomplished