NCCO TASK FORCE on
Ensembles in the Collegiate Curriculum
Called and charged with their mission, the Task Force on Ensembles in the Collegiate Curriculum began their work during the summer of 2018 with the intention of presenting a completed report at NCCO8 (Univ of Maryland), the fall 2019 conference. The scope of their work, however, has grown over time and so the full report is currently anticipated at NCCO9.
The Executive Board of NCCO hopes to present its membership with a report that includes research findings, practical advice for program design, and tools for advocacy. They are guided in their work by the charge, approved by the Executive Board, June 2018.
To assess the current position of choral ensembles in collegiate curricula; to collect and distill research supporting the benefits of choral participation for college students; to develop strategies that help NCCO’s membership advocate for curricular and extracurricular choral ensembles in the college and university setting; and to present these findings in a format that clearly articulates results for NCCO members.
Task Force Membership
- Dr. Joey Martin, chair, Texas State University
- Dr. Nicole Aldrich, Washington University in St. Louis
- Dr. Caron Daley, Duquesne University
- Dr. Christopher Kiver, The Pennsylvania State University
- Dr. Bryan Nichols, The Pennsylvania State University
- Dr. Cara Tasher, University of North Florida
- Dr. Nathan Windt, St. Ambrose University