The National Collegiate Choral Organization
7th Biennial National Conference
Call has ClosedThis call has closed. Please see the Selected Presenters section of the conference page to learn which applications were selected.
Call for NCCO Choral Series
The National Collegiate Choral Organization (NCCO) invites submissions to the NCCO Choral Series published by ECS Publishing. Since 2011, ten compositions have been selected for the Choral Series and presented at NCCO conferences. The NCCO Choral Series is published by our industry partner, ECS Publishing, and selected works will be both published and performed at the Conference.
- The NCCO Choral Series Committee intends to select up to three works that vary in level of difficulty from an advanced level that would be suitable for university choirs comprised of graduate and undergraduate music majors to works more suitable for choirs comprised of non-music majors.
- The NCCO Choral Series Committee reserves the right to select fewer than three works if the committee does not find submissions acceptable or for any reason.
- Chosen works will be presented in a literature session with performance at the Conference and will be published in the NCCO Choral Series published by ECS Publishing.
- Music selected for publication in the NCCO Choral Series will be contracted directly with ECS Publishing and will be promoted in the NCCO Choral Series on the ECS website as well as on the NCCO website.
- Works suitable for university, college, and two-year college choirs.
- Works in any voicing appropriate for collegiate choruses will be considered. The Choral Series Committee encourages the submission of compositions voicings beyond SATB/mixed.
- Works may be accompanied or unaccompanied and up to eight minutes in duration.
- Original compositions for choirs will be given preference. Arrangements or performing editions of existing choral works will be considered. Performing editions should be the result of extensive scholarship.
- Works must be suitable for concert performance.
- Compositions should not be under consideration for publication by another publisher.
- Compositions with prior performances are acceptable.
- To collegiate conductors:
A source of literature that is suitable for their choirs; a series of literature chosen for publication by collegiate level choral conductors.
- To composers:
Promotion of their compositions through our literature session at an NCCO conference, on the ECS and NCCO websites, in ECS and NCCO promotional materials, performance at an NCCO conference, and publication by a major company: ECS Publishing.
- To NCCO:
Fulfills part of NCCO’s mission “…promoting repertoire suitable to their interests…” and helps to promote the organization.
Note that a composer may enter only one score for consideration. Each applicant should submit:
- Short biographical sketch of the composer not to exceed 300 words
- A .pdf and .mp3 of the proposed work; live or electronically produced recordings are acceptable, no hard copies will be accepted
- PDF files must be under 4 Mb.
- MP3 files must be under 7 Mb. Need help shrinking or converting the file? Try Media.io online audio converter.
- Proof of permission to use any copyrighted texts, as applicable
- Text translations and prior performances (where appropriate)
Deadline: All materials must be submitted by April 15, 2017, 11:59p CST.
Notification: Results will be announced by June 1, 2017.